lørdag 5. november 2011

Sir Alex Ferguson's 25 years of awesomeness

25 years ago Sir Alex Ferguson came to power at Manchester United. And how amazing haven't those 25 years been?!


12 Premier League titles, 10 Charity/Community Shields, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 Champions League titles, 1 European Cup Winners Cup, 1 European Super Cup, 1 Intercontinental Cup and 1 FIFA Club World Cup. Pure class and dominance! I certainly bow down.


But what I wanted to do with this post, was dedicate it to him by sharing some of his fantastic quotes, cos let's face it, there's been a few ; )

On Gary Neville: "If he was an inch taller he'd be the best center-half in Britain. His father is 6ft 2in - I'd check the milkman."

On the 1999 Champions League triumph: "I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."

On the 2003 title race: "It's getting trickly now - squeaky-bum time, I call it."

On kicking a boot into David Beckham's face in 2003: "It was a freakish incident. If I tried it 100 or a million times it couldn't happen again. If I could I would have carried on playing!"

On Filippo Inzaghi: "That lad must have been born offside."

On José Mourinho: " He was certainly full of it, calling me boss and big man when we had our post-match drink after the first leg. But it would help if his greetings were accompanied by a decent glass of wine. What he gave me was paint-stripper."

And no list would be complete without some words on Liverpool.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool off their f***ing perch. And you can print that."

On Rafael Benítez, reacting to the Spaniard's infamous "facts" press conference: "I think he was an angry man. He must have been disturbed for some reason. I think you have got to cut through the venom of it and hopefully he'll reflect and understand what he said was absolutely ridiculous."

On whether Liverpool would win the title in 2007: "You must be joking. Do I look as if I'm a masochist ready to cut myself? How does relegation sound instead?"

Fergie; thanks for all the joy, ups and down, titles, great policies and hunger! Here's to many more years, trophies, great games and even greater quotes. You will always be number 1!


Also thanks to The Guardian for writing the quotes in today's online paper.

Have a great night!
xoxo

Ingen kommentarer: