fredag 18. oktober 2013

Long time, no see

Oops. Kinda forgot I had a blog in need of an update. I guess that's how it goes when you're stepping into the real world and don't blog "just" to procrastinate schoolwork. And with the real world I mean working 9 to 5, although in Norway that's more like 8 to 4, but that doesn't have quite the same ring to it ;)

Anyway. I got a temporary job in the end of August, 26th to be exact, and have now been offered a permanent position at the company. Yeay me! :) So I guess I won't technically step into the real world of grown-ups until I start that chapter of my life December 2nd. But I have to admit, although it's a bit of a scary thought, I'm excited. I can't begin to explain how glad I am that I don't have exams, or papers, or assignments to worry about. It feels really good to come home at the end of the day and do exactly what I want without feeling I should study. Although, at the moment there's not much more happening when I get home than me putting my behind on the couch and watch Castle until I go to bed ;) After getting some dinner of course. Exciting life, right? Thank heavens I've got plans this AND next weekend. All this freedom is really bringing out the bored in me. Before you say anything, I know what you're probably thinking; "Why not do something? Meet friends, for example?" And I hear you load and clear. Wouldn't mind, but it's real easy to go straight home after work and just be by myself for a bit. When you're around people and talking to people all day, sometimes all you want is to shut your brain off and not get involved in anything, in anyway. But that's what I'm doing tomorrow :) And not just any friend. A friend I haven't seen since our year in Brighton in 2009/2010. Can't believe how time flies!

Anyway, I'm gonna return to my glass of white wine and the Norwegian The Voice now, and hopefully see another of my long-time-no-see-friends go through to the next round. Would be so much fun! Really want that for him, so we'll see.
Hope you'll have an amazing weekend! Take care!
xoxo

Ingen kommentarer: