mandag 10. september 2012

My first lecture in Social Media

Even if the lectures started three weeks ago, I haven't been able to go due to work. So I'm glad to say I've finally been in class today.

The topic today was blogging, and it got me thinking that I need to step up my game. True enough, I blog mostly for my own benefit and interest, but it is fun to see that people read it.

I tried once before, but I'm gonna give it another go. If anyone has suggestions for me about what to write about, just comment and I'll take it into consideration and promise to do my best : )

I think Social Media is fun and reading our curriculum, a book called Groundswell, really gets you thinking it's more to it than just to write something. It's easy on a personal level, cos you don't really have to think too much about it. Celebrities however, need to watch what they say and do. I don't know how many people have been talked about in a negative way, due to something they wrote. Some have even been sued.

Many businesses know that they have to be online, but they don't know how. It's important to do it the right way, otherwise it can bite you later on, sometimes sooner rather than later.

For everyone who are interested in social media, I can recommend Groundswell by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff. I haven't finished reading it yet, (I mean, come on, I'm still only a student. Can't expect me to finish the curriculum already ; ) ) but so far I like it and it's easy to read.


Enjoy the rest of your day! In an hour or so I'm going to "lead" our first subject-luncheon, so wish me luck! 

Ingen kommentarer: