søndag 4. april 2010

Premier League, Champions League and Starbucks

Okey, so I guess most of you may not give a rats ass about football, and are thinking "Shut up, Irene!", but as I have metioned before, this is a very special and nerve-wracking season. When it comes to who will win (or who I would want to win) the title, I'm like this: ABC. Anyone But Chelsea! That's because I HATE Chelsea! Unfortunately they're now at the top of the league (74 points). There are five games left and because United lost to Chelsea yesterday (I just have to mention that Drogba's goal was offside and shouldn't have been allowed), United are now 1 point behind (73 points) Chelsea and Arsenal are two points behind us again (71 points). Arsenal won their game against Wolwerhampton in the 94th(!) minute, by a goal from Nicklas Bendter (from Denmark, by the way ;) Go Scandinavia!) I can now kind of understand how it was possible for them to go an entire season by just winning 1-0. Still pretty well done, I think.

(Stupid Blues...)
It was also Champions League this week, and that didn't go as planned either. United lost 2-1 to Bayern Munich, and have to win at Old Trafford on Wednesday to go through to the next round. With Rooney injured and out for approximately three weeks, it will be challenging. Luckily it is at Old Trafford, so hopefully that will help. I saw the Arsenal game against Barcelona with Ben, David and Daniel (hostbrothers), Gerry (hostfather) and Ben (buddy). That was quite the experience. Ben (buddy) actually left the room a few times becuase he was angry. Arsenal had a great fightback to come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. They now go to Camp Nou on Tuesday (without captain Cesc Fabregas, who played for Barcelona before he came to Arsenal at 16. He, unfortunately, got injured again and is not walking around on crutches) and have to put on an even better display then they did this week. Technically, they have to pick up where they left off.

(Ex-Barcelona can't go to Barcelona)

Other than football, there's not much happening. We are only five people in class, cuz most of my classmates are at their internships. I've been to a couple of Starbucks visits to catch up with some of them. It feel really good to have four days off and it feels even better to know that it's Sunday today, but I'm not going to school tomorrow!

1 kommentar:

Elise sa...

I thought "Shut up, Irene!" but i just don't read it because i'm not interested :P haha. but i still love you even if you like soccer :) :)