onsdag 5. mai 2010

IELTS

On Saturday, me and three of my friends are taking an IELTS exam. IELTS is short for International English Language Testing System, so in other words: we are going to take a test to see how our English level is. The test consists of four parts; reading, writing, listening and speaking and you are graded for each part. Then the four results are put together and you get one grade on a scale from 1 to 9, 9 being the highest.

To prepare for the exam, David, our former IELTS teacher, put together a mock exam for us. We did the reading and writing parts yesterday, and the listening and speaking parts today. The reading did not go so well. I got 6.5 and I'm not too happy about that. We haven't got out writing tasks back yet, so I don't know how that went, but probably somewhere around the same area. Today was a little bit better. I got 8.5 on the listening (39 correct of 40) and Rosie gave me an 7/7.5 on the speaking. If I get a combined result of 7.5 I will be pretty happy. My problem is that I'm not formal enough. I don't have a complex vocabulary when it comes to tests. I usually know a lot of high level vocabulary, but when I'm doing a test I normally go for the easy version. (Det enkleste er ofte the beste, as the ad says).

All I know is that I am going to be very happy when I'm finished with this test.

2 kommentarer:

Elise sa...

haha jeg liker den lille norske midt i der, lol :D

og så går det sikkert bra med prøva, lykke til uansett. jeg tror på deg :D

Linh sa...

Maaaaasse lykke til !